- Who has written the Ten Commandments?
Exodus 31:18 And when he had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, he gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.
- Read Mark 12:28-31. Which of the Ten Commandments are summarized into the First Commandment, stated by the scribe?
Exodus 20:3-11. The first four commandments of the Ten Commandments show love to God.
- Read Mark 12:28-31. Which of the Ten Commandments are summarized into the Second Commandment?
Exodus 20:12-17. The last six commandments of the Ten Commandments show love to one´s neighbor.
- Can one be justified before God by keeping the Ten Commandments only?
Romans 3:20a. Therefore, by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified.
- Why do we need the Ten Commandments?
Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” (So the Ten Commandments reveal my sins, and when I realize that I am a sinner, then my greatest need is a Savior Jesus Christ).
- If we have faith, do we need the law of God?
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. (We keep the law of God because we do not want to steal and commit adultery etc.)
- In the last days, the dragon which is Satan (Rev 12:9), will make war against the woman symbolizing God´s people. What do God´s people keep?
Revelation 12:17 The commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- What does James say we should do with the Royal Law i.e. the Ten Commandments?
James 2:8-11 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
- If we do not keep the law of God, do we have the truth in us?
1 John 2:4.5. He who says, “I know him,” and does not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
- How can we show love to God?
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.